Technology Platform and Partnering Strategy
By solving the exosome purification problem with its patent-pending LEAP technology, Exopharm overcame the key impediment to manufacturing exosome-based medicines and gained access to large quantities of pure and consistent exosomes. As a result, Exopharm made rapid progress in two areas:
- Exosome characterisation and standardization
Exopharm gained in-depth insight into the differences between various exosomes from a biochemical and functional perspective, which has helped define standards in EV production, isolation and purification, characterization and release assays.
- Therapeutic application of exosomes
Exopharm became the first company in the world to manufacture and test an exosome medicine (Plexaris) in human clinical trials.
These advancements are galvanizing new rounds of scientific and technological innovations, and we at Exopharm refer to this virtuous cycle of innovation as ‘eVICI Technology’. We are convinced that the eVICI platform can grow and generate disruptive innovations via various partnerships.
eVICI and Research
Exopharm is rapidly expanding its exosome portfolio, from engineering EVs to isolation, characterization and functional research. If you are conducting research into EVs, it is likely that the eVICI platform could accelerate your work. If you have unique IP in the field, it may have value for Exopharm. Contact us to initiate in-licensing or collaborative research discussions: email@example.com
Partnering with Exopharm
Exopharm is actively seeking partnerships with biopharmaceutical companies with interest in bringing exosome-based medicines to their therapeutic areas.
What Exopharm brings to partnerships:
- LEAP Technology, which allows:
- Fast and cost-effective exosome isolation from biofluids or culture media including platelets, mesenchymal stem cells, iPSCs, other cells (e.g. CAR-T cells)
- Maximum yield from micro-liter bench-scale to multi-liter bioreactor scale volumes with full preservation of exosome integrity
- GMP purification of exosomes for clinical applications
- Exosome loading technology, allowing for engineered exosomes, including small molecule delivery and proprietary loading technology for adding nucleic acids to EVs.
- A comprehensive suite of EV characterization and analysis technologies along with deep experience in EV medicine formulation, assays and release.
- Dedicated BD scientists. Exopharm is so committed to making partnerships successful that we have senior researchers directly integrated into our partnership team. Partnering with Exopharm means fast and meaningful results that will de-risk and size opportunities quickly.
A partnership with Exopharm can:
- Translate EV potential in your target therapeutic area (such as neurology, cancer, or autosomal diseases) into legitimate development plans
- Quickly de-risk EV investments
- Accelerate product-to-market timelines
- Solve manufacturing challenges early to kick-start non-clinical and clinical trials
- Provide a layer of patent protection to future offerings, either through new composition of matter IP using EVs (extend patent life of APIs) or by adding proprietary processes early in product development
Partner with Exopharm to jointly push the boundaries in regenerative medicine and to expedite the development of exosome-based therapies for patients.
Contact us to initiate partnering discussions: firstname.lastname@example.org